Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just a little bit to keep anyone interested updated..

I have spent the past few days relaxing & recovering in Quito. On sunday I moved into a hostel after my homestay family basically kicked me out.. (unexpected!) but the hostel is awesome, situated on a hill in a neighborhood between the old and new parts of the city. It has a sweet view of the city and this awesome outdoor terrace upstairs which is amazing!!

We partied pretty hard saturday and sunday nights in celebration of the end up camp and also had a super motivating wrap up session on sunday where we discussed the impact of the camp and ways to stay involved. There is another camp in Bolivia in Dec/Jan that I would love to go to!! I have been helping out a little in the foundation with some of the wrap up work from camp as well as just hanging out and relaxing.

Last night my friend who is here for another week met up to discuss places to travel and came up with a pretty sweet route that involves thermal baths, hiking, mountain biking and maybe white water rafting. Today I met up with some ecuafriends and we attempted to go to mitad del mundo (the ecuator, which is about 45 min away) but after eating a long lunch decided we were too tired and ended up going to one of the girls houses where we sat around and watched movies- justified by the fact that the next couple of days will be really busy. Tomorrow my friend and I are going for the day to a place called Papallarta (about 2 hours away) known for hiking and thermal baths- both sound super sweet, and then tomorrow night mo is coming for a week and we'll be traveling around..

Anyway, thats all.. keep in touch!

No comments: